Walked: Dumgoyne & Earl's Seat
- Dumgoyne - 427m
- Earl’s Seat - 578m
- The car park was full even though we got there for 8:15 am.
- Dumgoyne offers a brilliant view of Loch Lomond and Glasgow at the same time
- Dumgoyne from the West is a beast of a climb. The fell runners on the way told us they’d go via the north instead
- Earl’s Seat view is a bit lame in comparison; it’s a Trig point over a fence after walking through a bog. Still a nice walk on the way.
- On the way back, we encountered a ram that was butting the fence where we needed to cross; we decided to chance it rather than walking around. After a closer glance at us, the ram left us alone. A bit scary
- Dried mango is great
- Even if you think you won’t be hungry at 10:30 am after a two hour walk. You will be. Bring your lunch
- It heated up on this route and I’d only brought 1 litre of water. New rule: if it’s warm then bring three times as much water
- Take sun cream on the route and reapply every hour
- Buy a light walking hat to keep the sun off