Walked: The Easains
- Stob a’Choire Mheadhoin - 1106m
- Stob Coire Easain - 1115m
- The difference between the mountains around Fort William and the Cairngorms is enormous. This trip was much steeper and took my calves about five days to fully recover
- Adrian tip: When walking into mud put your heal down first, it gives you more stability
- Ridge walks are fairly spectacular
- It’s a bit scary going down a steep hill if you lose your balance you’d go tumbling. I started leaning towards the hill when going downhill.
- Start bringing a paper map along. I started getting too dependant on a mobile app which told me “Second right path” but one of the paths didn’t exist anymore! It’s better to keep check of the gradient of the hills around and check your position every once in a while.
- Start washing my boots when I get home, just with warm water and leave them to dry naturally
- Buy tissues
- Buy a water bag, it’s annoying to take off your backpack to get the bottle